Becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion is such a rewarding role and in this period of Stay Alert”, we need you more than ever in the Kendal are of Cumbia. No experience is necessary as excellent training is provided, being a car driver is essential.
We have part time and full-time hours available in the Kendal, Windermere, Ambleside, Milnthorpe, Grange-over-Sands and surrounding villages of Cumbria.
Be part of something special
You will be joining a CQC rated OUTSTANDING organisation who have an excellent reputation locally not only as an employer, but as a provider of high-quality person-centred homecare services who are one of the top 20 most recommended care providers in the North West. They have also been awarded 10/10 by an independent care review service. There is no other care provider in Cumbria who can say with hand on heart, they are the best in the area! You would be joining a team who know what it means to care. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits.
What would I be doing as a Dementia Friend & Companion?
By becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion you will be helping an older person in your local community not only combat loneliness but also help them stay independent. Everyone’s needs differ, some of our clients are more independent than others, you will be carefully matched to an older adult in your local area needing companionship and support. This could vary from helping them to get up, showered/bathed/washed, get dressed, have breakfast to preparing a meal or taking them out for the day. To be a fantastic companion, are you:
- Caring, compassionate and patient?
- Do you have a great personality and would make a fantastic befriender?
- A car driver with access to your own car?
- Looking for a part-time job where you can make a difference?
- Available for either early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, or a few hours at weekends
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.50 - £13.50 per hour (Double time on bank holidays), plus 25-45p per mile mileage.
- Paid waiting time and travel time.
- Part-time hours available some early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternative weekends.
- Discounts from top retailers through our employee benefit scheme.
- Generous Pension Scheme, paid Holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
How do you apply or ask a question?
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.