Full & Part-Time, Dementia Friend & Companion jobs, Mickleover, Derbyshire – no experience needed – Car Drivers Essential.
Welcome, thank you for visiting our job vacancy. We are looking for people just like you, people that would love to become a Dementia Friend & Companion in the local communities of Derbyshire.
- £9.50 per hour.
- Paid travel time at your hourly rate and 30p per mile mileage.
- Flexible, Full & Part-time hours available - Great work/life balance.
- Availability must include any of the following: Early Mornings, Evenings & Weekends.
- Paid DBS.
- Holidays accrued on all working time, including travel time (not every provider offers that).
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
Your Role Explained
Everyone we support live within their own homes, the place where they feel the happiest. The support differs according to their needs and circumstances. You will get to know each person you support very well, so that you become a familiar and welcome face to them, being a Care Assistant also includes becoming their companion. An example of some of the things you may do are:
- Firstly, you will get to know your clients, what they like doing and their needs.
- Travelling to a client’s home to prepare breakfast/lunch and companionship.
- Assisting with personal care including getting washed and get dressed.
- Your next call may be to take someone for a doctors or hospital appointment.
- Spending time doing activities within their home and having a good chat about their day.
- Carrying out general housework around the home.
- Assisting with medication/reminders.
We are very proud that we are an award-winning, family run company, a company that has been around for over 30 years. We have a 9.9 rating on a leading homecare review site to show for our dedication. Starting a career in care can be daunting but with us it does not have to be. We provide a variety of different personalised services within people’s own homes, as each person that needs our support varies so much. Joining us is very much like joining a family, we care for you as much as we do our clients.
A Message from Our Team
Diane – “I have been working at this company since late 2020, to say it’s brilliant is an understatement. The company care standards are exceptional. Management is incredibly supportive and there if you need a hand. There is no pressure when it comes to travelling either. It’s certainly not like going to work, but more visiting family. I’ve found a forever home here.”
It is a privilege to work within the Care Sector and be part of our fantastic team. If you are a generally friendly, kind person who has a genuine desire to make someone’s day easier and can be that person they can rely on we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.