Part-time Dementia Friend & Companions, job vacancy, Chesterfield, Derbyshire. Drivers Preferred.
If you live in the communities of Ashgate, Brampton, Brimington, Calow, Coal Aston, Dronfield and surrounding areas of Derbyshire, we would love to hear from you.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.20 - £20.00 per hour, Enhanced Bank Holdiday Pay.
- Pension Scheme.
- Award Winning Training.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours available, depending on your regular availability.
- Alternate Weekend working from a couple of hours to full days.
Who would I be working for?
We are advertising on behalf of an award-winning provider who focus on a bespoke companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits, but the focus being on companionship. One of the owners of the business is very passionate about how our older people should be looked after in old age, a Nurse for over 30 years, she understands what it takes to provide the highest standard of care and go above and beyond for those that need support.
What would I be doing?
By becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion you will be helping an older person in your local community not only combat loneliness but also help them stay independent. Everyone’s needs differ, some of their clients are more independent than others, you will be carefully matched to an older adult in your local area needing companionship and support. This could vary from helping them to get up, get dressed, have breakfast to preparing a meal or taking them out for the day. To be a fantastic companion, are you:
- Caring, compassionate and patient?
- Do you have a great personality and would make a fantastic befriender?
- Looking for a part-time job where you can make a difference?
- Available for either early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, or a few hours on alternate weekends?
Once you apply, I will call you to introduce myself and get to know you. If you have any questions at all about becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion, do not worry, I will answer any questions you may have when we speak. I look forward to you joining our amazing team!