Part-Time permanent, Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, Chalfont Saint Peter, Buckinghamshire.
Have you ever thought about a career in care?
We are looking for people from all walks of life to join us as a Dementia Friend & Companion.
If you are naturally caring, compassionate and patient then this could be the perfect role for you.
Caring for someone that you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported them with their daily routine and made their day a little happier.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion every person you support will be different, however, a typical example of some duties you would perform are:
- Light housework and shopping
- Preparing meals or supporting your client with preparing their own
- Prompting or assisting with medication
- Assisting your client with their morning or evening personal care routine
- Taking your client to their hospital visits or other appointments
- Companionship, doing crosswords together, puzzles, etc.
Who are we?
We are a unique, award-winning care company providing person centred care to our clients in the community. We offer very competitive pay rates, pension and other benefits in our desire to be the ‘employer of choice’ in the care sector. Our mission is to support older adults to remain independent in their own homes and we are passionate about the quality of care we provide to our clients. Every one of our Dementia Friends is carefully matched to our clients.
- No experience is required as excellent training is provided.
- Being a car driver with access to a vehicle is required.
- Pay rates £10.75 - £13.00 per hour (double pay on bank holidays).
- Mileage allowance 30p – 45p.
- Part-time Guaranteed Hours contracts for the right person.
- Alternate weekend working is required.
- Ongoing training and learning and development provided.
- Minimum 1-hour visits and visiting the same regular clients.
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
If you are interested in applying but you do not have a CV please email us directly with some brief history about yourself and why you want to join us, and please include your full address, postcode and if you are a car driver. If you have any questions about this role, please don’t worry as once you have applied we will call to discuss everything with you in detail. We wouldn’t want one question to stop you from applying! We cannot wait for you to join our team.