We are looking for full and part time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Glastonbury and the surrounding areas of Somerset. No experience necessary as excellent training is provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
Because the nature of the work is to provide care and support to adults living in their own homes this employer has job vacancies in the Glastonbury, Street, Somerton, Langport and surrounding villages of Somerset. If you live in one of these locations, they would like to hear from you.
With a Good CQC Rating and an excellent 4.9 out of 5 on a leading homecare review site, you would be joining a fantastic, quality driven organisation. You would be joining a family owned Homecare company which is founded and run by a Qualified Nurse. They strive to provide a homecare service which offers the personal touch. They deliver a high standard of care, with dignity, and compassion. This is a great job opportunity someone kind, & empathetic, to join a growing company with wonderful values. The aim is to make a difference every day to the lives of the people they support, and you could be part of that.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion you will support older people living in their own homes and help them stay independent for as long as possible. The duties will vary depending on the client’s needs but could include:
- Helping someone with their morning routine
- Assisting with showering/bathing and washing.
- Supporting them to get dressed/undressed.
- Planning and preparing of well-balanced meals.
- Assisting someone to take their medication.
- Collect prescriptions or get a bit of shopping.
Pay Rates & Hours
- Basic rate starts from £8.75 on induction, double pay for Bank Holidays.
- Additional £1.50 per hour for early morning (07:00 to 09:00) & late evenings (18:00 – 22:00).
- An extra £1.50 per hour for Saturdays and £1.75 per hour extra for Sundays.
- Guaranteed hours and bank hours are available.
- Shifts will include early mornings, evenings, and alternate weekends.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply/ask a question for this Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, and you live in the Somerset area please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the end employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, they will then look at progressing your application to interview stage.