Part-Time, Care Assistant & Companion job vacancy, Portchester, Fareham, Hampshire – No Experience Needed – We offer Award Winning paid Training – however, you do need to BE A CAR DRIVER with your own car.
If you have worked in another sector and you are unsure if care is the right sector for you, then don’t worry. We have had brilliant applicants who have become Care Assistants & Companions from the retail, hospitality, leisure, and public sectors, because they have the right personalities to care. If you can build a rapport with people, have lots of patience, and will go above and beyond for someone, then you can care.
Caring in your Community
If you live in the local communities of Fareham, Gosport, Portchester, Hillhead, Lee on the Solent, Tichfield, or nearby surrounding areas, then we would love to welcome you to our team.
Who will I support?
You will be carefully matched and introduced to the person you will be supporting, and you will share a great relationship together. Your visits will never be rushed, and they are never less than an hour, meaning you spend quality time with the person we match you with.
Because you get to know one another well, the care that you would provide is never awkward, just natural. Some people worry about personal care, but people also have the wrong idea what personal care means – if this is something you are unsure about, we can explain this to you once you apply.
As a Care Assistant & Companion, the Care & Support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is different! All our clients vary from being very independent to some that need much more care and support. You could -
- Arrive with a smile for an early morning call.
- Prepare breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with morning or evening routine, including toilet prompts, helping with washing, undressing, or brushing teeth.
- Prompt to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Going on outings, hospital visits, or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
- £10.50 - £11.50 per hour.
- 25p mileage allowance after first 10miles per day, 45p when done on behalf of client.
- Award Winning Paid Training.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours available between 8am – 9:15pm.
- Alternate weekend working is required, that might only be a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Professional development - support towards Care Certificate, City & Guilds in Dementia & Parkinson’s Disease.
- We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
A Message from the Team
To us, care is personal. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported. Throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job, but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care.
If you would love to find out more about this kind of work, please click on apply. If you do not have a CV, drop us an email with your full address, postcode, and contact details and we will give you a call and talk you through everything the job involves.