Full & Part-Time, Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, Ashford, Surrey, Greater London
We welcome applications from all age groups, those looking for a change in career, or perhaps you are retired and want to do something rewarding in your local community?
Your local community
All our work is in our local communities, so if you live in Twickenham, Richmond, Hampton, Teddington, Sunbury, Ashford, or nearby surrounding areas, we have job vacancies now in your local area. You will be carefully matched and introduced to the people you will be supporting so you can quickly build a strong and lasting relationship with them.
From the Owner: “We are an award-winning, five-star rated employer and have a genuine passion for making a difference in people’s lives, particularly the most vulnerable in our community. Knowing you have made someone’s day less lonely or made their life that bit easier by being there means so much. This means always arriving on time with the friendliest smile on our faces. Joining us will very much be like joining a family. Our company was born out of a passion to make a difference and I am so glad we do what we do – it’s a true vocation.”
- From £11.21 per hour.
- You must be a car driver with access to your own vehicle.
- No experience needed - our training is fantastic.
- Flexible, full & part-time hours available.
- Quality time spent with an older adult.
- A safe and secure job.
- You will be working for a company you can be proud to be part of.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be playing a big role within your community and helping older adults remain independent in their own home. The care and support that an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique.
- Arrive with the friendliest smile for your early morning visit.
- Make breakfast together while having your usual chat.
- Help with the morning or evening care routine, including washing and dressing.
- Prepare a meal together, ensuring a balanced diet.
- Maybe prompt them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Help get clients out for a walk or to do their shopping.
- Do things together around the house to combat boredom and loneliness.
- Provide end-of-the-day companionship, and a hot drink and a snack before bedtime.
We would love you to apply and are happy to answer any questions you may have. You will be supported into your role with fantastic training delivered by a great team. In a few months’ time you will be asking yourself why you didn’t consider this job sooner, so please click apply and we will be in touch with you by telephone to tell you so much more.