Full or Part Time, Care Assistant & Dementia Companion, Bournemouth & Poole, Dorset - No Experience required - Car Driver Essential.
One thing that is inevitable is that we are all going to get older and one day it will happen to every single one of us. We will all need care at some point in our life, that is something we cannot change, but what we can change is the quality of the care that we receive.
Firstly, we need to convince more people, like you, to consider a career as a Care Assistant & Dementia Companion – why? Because it is a wonderfully rewarding job and probably not what you imagine it to be. Many people join us from all walks of life, all age groups, and one common theme we hear is “why didn’t I do this sooner?”.
What will you be doing?
Every single person we look after is different, and the times you are available will determine when you would visit someone, this will just give you a little bit of an idea of what we do: -
- Providing a trusted, friendly, and familiar face.
- Doing a morning call to a person living in your community, arriving with a lovely smile.
- Getting them up, dressed & ready for the day, chatting away as you do.
- Preparing a meal, making sure that you know all their likes & dislikes.
- Providing companionship, laughter & creating memories together.
- Helping them to get washed and ensure they keep up with their routines.
- Going out with them to appointments and keeping them company along the way.
- Shopping & light household duties.
- A final end of day call to prepare for bed & prepare a night cap.
- Anything else to keep them independent in their own home, safe and happy.
We are an award winning, very proud organisation who are trusted in our local community to deliver only the best care and support to families loved ones and those that need an extra helping hand in and around their home. We have been rated a five-star employer, one of the Top 20 Homecare Companies in the UK and rated “Outstanding” by the CQC. We are trusted every day to care for our older generation at a time when they deserve to feel safe, cared for, and they are never lonely.
What we can offer
- The best rates of pay - £10.50 - £13.28 per hour plus paid travel time & mileage.
- Excellent flexibility to give you a great work-life balance.
- Hours will include a couple of evenings a week & alternate weekends.
- Various shifts are available between 7am and 10:30pm.
- Flexible holiday pay & blue light card discounts.
- The opportunity to be appreciated, valued and to be part our family.
- A rewarding career with the opportunity to progress.
If you would love to become a Care Assistant & Dementia Companion, not just for us, but for our wonderful clients, we would love to hear from you. You will not only find yourself in a truly rewarding career, but you will build relationships and friendships you never thought you would have.