Becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion is such a rewarding role and in this period of Stay Alert”, we need you more than ever in the Wellingborough and surrounding areas of Northamptonshire. This is a part-time job essentially although some full- time positions are also available, and you will need to be a car driver with access to your own car.
We also have work in NN8,NN9,NN10, NN14, NN15, NN16 NN29 and MK44 postcode areas.
Be part of something special
You could be joining a service who focus on a companionship led care service but must be prepared to carry out full personal care. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK.
What would I be doing?
By becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion you will be helping an older person in your local community not only combat loneliness but also help them stay independent. Everyone’s needs differ, some of our clients are more independent than others, you will be carefully matched to an older adult in your local area needing companionship and support. This could vary from helping them to get up, get dressed, have breakfast to preparing a meal or taking them out for the day. To be a fantastic companion, are you:
- Caring, compassionate and patient?
- Do you have a great personality and would make a fantastic befriender?
- A car driver with access to your own car?
- Looking for a part-time where you can make a difference?
- Available for either early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings or a few hours at weekends?
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.50 - £10.25 per hour plus 30p per mile mileage allowance.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Pension scheme and paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent training is provided.
How do you apply or ask a question?
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.