Full or Part Time, Dementia Friend & Companion, Farnham, Surrey - No Experience required - Car Driver Essential.
One thing that is inevitable is that we are all going to get older and one day it will happen to every single one of us. We will all need care at some point in our life, that is something we cannot change, but what we can change is the quality of the care that we receive.
Firstly, we need to convince more people, like you, to consider a career as a Dementia Friend & Companion – why? Because it is a wonderfully rewarding job and probably not what you imagine it to be. Many people join us from all walks of life, all age groups, and one common theme we hear is “why didn’t I do this sooner?”.
What will you be doing?
Every single person we look after is different, and the times you are available will determine when you would visit someone, this will just give you a little bit of an idea of what we do: -
- Arrive with the friendliest smile for your early morning visit.
- Make breakfast together while having your usual chat.
- Help with the morning or evening care routine, including washing and dressing.
- Prepare a meal together, ensuring a balanced diet.
- Maybe prompt them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Help get clients out for a walk or to do their shopping.
- Do things together around the house to combat boredom and loneliness.
- Provide end-of-the-day companionship, and a hot drink and a snack before bedtime.
From the Owner: “We are an award-winning, five-star rated employer and have a genuine passion for making a difference in people’s lives, particularly the most vulnerable in our community. Knowing you have made someone’s day less lonely or made their life that bit easier by being there means so much. This means always arriving on time with the friendliest smile on our faces. Joining us will very much be like joining a family. Our company was born out of a passion to make a difference and I am so glad we do what we do – it’s a true vocation.”
What we can offer
- £11.77 - £14.85 per hour.
- You must be a car driver with access to your own vehicle.
- No experience needed - our training is fantastic.
- Flexible, full & part-time hours available.
- Quality time spent with an older adult.
- A safe and secure job.
- You will be working for a company you can be proud to be part of.
If you would love to become a Dementia Friend & Companion, not just for us, but for our wonderful clients, we would love to hear from you. You will not only find yourself in a truly rewarding career, but you will build relationships and friendships you never thought you would have.