Full or Part-Time, Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, Ripon, North Yorkshire
Welcome, thank you for visiting our job vacancy. We are looking for people just like you, people that would love to become a Dementia Friend & Companion in your local communities of Ripon, Harrogate and Knaresborough. Drivers are essential. No experience needed – just a passion to make a difference.
- £10.00 per hour + 40p per mileage & paid travel time.
- Enhanced rate of pay at bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours, between 7am – 10:30pm, and alternate weekends (weekends only if you prefer).
- £100 joining bonus & £300 refer a friend scheme.
- Paid DBS & high street discount card.
- Regular clients at regular times – no short visits.
- Paid day off for your birthday.
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
We are very proud that we are a family run company, opened by a father and son team who were inspired by the family values ethos and have vast experience in the sector. Starting a career in care can be daunting but with us it does not have to be. We provide a variety of different personalised services within people’s own homes, as each person that needs our support varies so much. Joining us is very much be like joining a family, we care for you as much as we do our clients.
A Message from Our Carer
Donna M – “I have been working at this company since late 2020, the company care standards are exceptional. Management are incredibly supportive and there if you need a hand. It’s certainly not like going to work, but more visiting family. I’ve found a forever home here.”
Your Role Explained
Everyone we support live within their own homes, the place where they feel the happiest. The support differs according to their needs and circumstances. You will get to know each person you support very well, so that you become a familiar and welcome face to them, being a Dementia Friend also includes becoming their companion. An example of some of the things you may do are:
- Firstly, you will get to know your clients, what they like doing and their needs.
- Travelling to a client’s home to prepare breakfast/lunch and companionship.
- Your next call may be to take someone for a doctors or hospital appointment.
- Spending time doing activities within their home and having a good chat about their day.
- Carrying out general housework around the home.
- Assisting with medication/reminders.
- Helping clients with some elements of personal care such as getting washed or dressed.
It is a privilege to work within the Care Sector and be part of our fantastic team. If you are a generally friendly, kind person who has a genuine desire to make someone’s day easier and can be that person they can rely on we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.