Don’t Retire! Retiring isn’t for everyone, so we would love to talk to you!
Your life skills are prefect for us, and you have so much to offer especially to someone in your local community. We have Part-Time hours available for people who are retired or looking to semi-retire in the Amersham Area of Buckinghamshire to become a Care Companion & Dementia Advocate.
- £10.75-£13.00 per hour, 30p-45p Mileage.
- Enhanced Bank Holiday Pay.
- Car Drivers are needed due to the nature of what we do.
- You may be required to assist with Personal Care.
- Part-Time Hours.
- Award Winning Training.
Who are We?
We are an organisation who have won countless awards for changing the way older people living on their own receive care and combat loneliness. Some need company after a spouse passes away, others need support when they develop early onset Dementia. We offer a very different approach to regular homecare providers. We are very proud that we support older adults in Amersham and surrounding areas including The Chalfont’s, Gerrards Cross, Beaconsfield, Marlow, High Wycombe, etc., by offering companionship led care. Rather than quickly popping in to check on someone we spend at least an hour with our clients, take part in activities together, go out and lots more!
Why not spend your days keeping someone company and doing things together, gaining a friend and impacting someone else’s life!
- Cooking breakfast, whether it’s porridge or a nice soft-boiled egg.
- Helping someone with their morning routine.
- Assisting them to get in and out of the shower, and/or dressing.
- Taking someone out for the day.
- Making cakes, playing cards, board games or watching game shows on the TV.
- Helping with cooking meals and staying nourished and hydrated.
- Offering companionship, friendship and a trusted friend who cares.
- Assisting with medication reminders.
- Providing evening companionship and preparing them for bedtime.
Most of our team have had previous careers such as Nurses, Police Officers, Estate Agents, Hairdressers, Retail Assistants, Senior Managers. just to name a few. Many join us because they have reached the time of their life where career isn’t as important as fulfilment, and many choose to do this job to do something they have always wanted to do. That is to give back to the local community and offer support to someone who really needs it.
Talk To us
We cannot include everything we do or answer all your questions on a job advert, plus we love to talk! So please click on apply and I will give you a call and tell you all about this wonderful opportunity for you to avoid Retirement! After all, 40 is the new 30! 50 is the new 40! 60 is the new 50 and 70 is the new 60!
If you don’t have a CV, please email us instead with your contact details and a little information about yourself and we will be in touch with you soon after.