Full or Part-Time, Dementia Friends & Companions, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Welcome, thank you for visiting our job vacancy. We are looking for people just like you, people that would love to become a Care Assistant in your local community of Wakefield & Dewsbury. No experience needed – just a passion to make a difference.
- £9.00 - £9.30 per hour + 30p per mileage & paid travel time (at hourly rate).
- Enhanced rate of pay at bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours, between 7am - 10:30pm, and alternate weekends.
- £100 welcome bonus & £200 refer a friend scheme.
- Paid DBS & high street discount card.
- Car maintenance support – annual MOT paid & contribution to annual car service.
- Regular clients at regular times - no short visits.
- Healthcare plan for all staff, including dental & optical treatment.
- Access to online GP appointments, annual health check and much more.
- 50% discounted gym membership.
- Wellbeing support
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of
We are very proud that we are a family run company, a company that has been around for over 25 years. Starting a career in care can be daunting but with us it does not have to be. We provide a variety of different services within peoples own homes, as each person that needs our support varies so much. Joining us is very much like joining a family, we care for you as much as we do our clients.
Your Role Explained
Everyone we support live within their own home, the place where they feel the happiest. The support differs according to their needs and circumstances. You will get to know each person you support very well, so that you become a familiar and welcome face to them, being a Dementia Friend & Companion also includes becoming their companion. An example of some of the things you may do are:
- Firstly, you will get to know your clients, what they like doing and their needs.
- Travelling to a client’s home to prepare breakfast/lunch and companionship.
- Assisting with personal care which may be washing and dressing.
- Your next call may be to take someone for a doctors or hospital appointment.
- Spending time doing activities within their home and having a good chat about their day.
- Carrying out general housework around the home.
- Assisting with medication/reminders.
It is a privilege to work within the Care Sector and be part of our fantastic team. If you are a generally friendly, kind person who has a genuine desire to make someone’s day easier and can be that person they can rely on we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.