We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions close to the Dewsbury area of West Yorkshire. No previous experience is required as training is provided and fully paid. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This fantastic homecare provider provides care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes, they have job vacancies in Wakefield, Dewsbury, Ossett, Horbury, Batley, Outwood, and surrounding towns & villages in West Yorkshire & Kirklees.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.00 - £9.30 per hour + 30p per mileage & paid travel time (at hourly rate).
- Enhanced rate of pay at bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours, between 7am - 10:30pm, and alternate weekends.
- £100 welcome bonus & £200 refer a friend scheme.
- Paid DBS & high street discount card.
- Car maintenance support – annual MOT paid & contribution to annual car service.
- Regular clients at regular times - no short visits.
- Healthcare plan for all staff, including dental & optical treatment.
- Access to online GP appointments, annual health check and much more.
- 50% discounted gym membership.
- Wellbeing support
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of
About the company
This provider is part of an award-winning national brand founded by a family and with family values running throughout the service. This service was opened by a husband and wife team over 2 years ago who were inspired by the family values ethos. They wanted to establish a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence and dignity for their clients, achieving an Outstanding rating for caring on their first inspection. Not every homecare provider can boast that.
The company also cares for their carers and each one is valued and rewarded for their dedication. They invest in everyone and pay travel time, so no valuable time with the clients is lost. You will see regular clients at regular times and work locally – so no long commutes. They most recently gave out individual gifts to their team as a thank you for their hard work with one quoted as saying, “thank you, best decision ever to come work for you.”
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own home. Helping them with everyday task so they can continue to live in the environment which they love most and for as long as possible, duties will include:
- Helping them with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or ready for bed at night.
- Helping with elements of personal care.
- Ensuring their home is safe & clean.
- Preparing meals & collecting shopping or prescriptions.
- Providing companionship and being someone who they can rely on for support.
This is an opportunity to be part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company that you will be proud of.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.