Full and part-time, Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, Stockport, Greater Manchester – no experience needed – drivers preferred, but not essential.
Thank you for clicking on our job advert. If you’re considering a career in care or you already work in the sector, but you want a fresh start with an employer that will value you, then we would love to speak to you to answer any questions and make this the best move you make.
We are part of a national franchise founded over 30 years’ ago. Our office, which has a 9.6 rating on a leading homecare review site, provides care and support to older adults living in their own homes. We pride ourselves on providing unrivalled support to our clients, but also to our team. Each one deserves credit and rewarding for their dedication and hard work. One of our care team even makes a 40-minute commute just to work for us, testament to how well we treat every one of our team. Our owner is friendly and committed to making a difference in the local community, and each of the Management team are friendly and supportive.
The role of a Dementia Friend & Companion is varied but rewarding. All our clients are lovely, and the biggest part of this job is the difference you will make to a person’s life even by doing the smallest of things. The role can include:
- Visiting clients in their own home.
- Being a companion and a listening ear that so many older adults miss.
- Personal care – we’re happy to talk through what that involves – it’s different for everyone.
- Assisting with medication, for some clients it’s just an easy reminder.
- Helping with domestic chores that get a bit harder as you get older - dusting or hoovering.
- Preparing delicious meals and making sure clients are eating well.
- Keeping clients doing activities they enjoy both at home and in the community.
What can we offer you?
- £9.50 per hour, rising to £10.00 per hour if you work over 40-hours.
- Full & part-time hours, GUARANTEED HOURS after you pass probation.
- Paid mileage & travel pay.
- Hours include some early mornings, evenings, & alternate weekends.
- Free on-going training & support.
- Opportunities to progress your career and gain further qualifications.
- The knowledge that you work for a company to be proud of.
All you need is the right personality to be a Dementia Friend & Companion. If you are positive, caring and go the extra mile for someone in need, then you are who we are looking for, so please click apply. If you have any questions, then we will call you after you have applied to answer them and tell you much more.