Full or part-time, Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, Romford – no experience needed as paid training provided – car driver essential.
- £9.80 per hour weekdays, £10.30 per hour weekends (double time on bank holidays).
- Paid travel time at your hourly rate and 30p per mile mileage.
- Full & Part-time hours available - Great work/life balance.
- Availability must include any of the following: Early Mornings, Evenings & Weekends.
- Hours will be between 7am-2:30pm / 4pm-10:30pm.
- Holidays accrued on all working time, including travel time (not every provider offers that).
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
A Message from Our Team
Alex – “I have been working at this company since 2019, to say it’s brilliant is an understatement. I genuinely love working in the care sector. Following my first contact with the office, they were so understanding of what I was looking for and they explained how flexible the role can be. The Registered Manager is amazing, incredibly supportive, and there if you need a hand. I already feel like a valued member of the team and I know that the work I do is having a positive impact on my clients. My lovely clients have recently sent me thank you cards and texts which makes it all worthwhile, I was in tears. Being able to have that connection and making a difference is a privilege. It’s certainly not like going to work, but more visiting family. I’ve found a forever home here.”
We are an award-winning, family run company opened by cousins over 4 years ago who were inspired by the treasured memories of their Nan and the care she received whilst living with Dementia in her own home. We have established a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence, happiness, and dignity for our clients. We are still very much a family company, with the entire Senior Care team holding the same values and fantastic ethos, providing fantastic support to clients and all our team.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own home. Helping them with everyday task so they can continue to live in the environment which they love most and for as long as possible, duties will include:
- Helping them with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or ready for bed at night.
- Helping with elements of personal care.
- Ensuring their home is safe & clean.
- Preparing meals & collecting shopping or prescriptions.
- Providing companionship - having a cuppa and a natter can brighten someone’s day.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. You will receive a warm welcome to our team and will always be supported and valued. We understand you will have some questions, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have.