Full & Part-Time, Dementia Friend & Companion jobs, Rainham, London Borough of Havering – no experience needed – Car Drivers Essential.
Welcome, thank you for visiting our job vacancy. We are looking for people just like you, people that would love to become a Dementia Friend & Companion in the local communities of Romford, Rainham, Hornchurch, Brentwood, Upminster, and surrounding areas.
- £9.80 per hour weekdays, £10.30 per hour weekends (double time on bank holidays).
- Paid travel time at your hourly rate and 30p per mile mileage.
- Full & Part-time hours available - Great work/life balance.
- Availability must include any of the following: Early Mornings, Evenings & Weekends.
- Hours will be between 7am-2:30pm / 4pm-10:30pm.
- Holidays accrued on all working time, including travel time (not every provider offers that).
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
We are very proud that we are an award-winning, family run company, a company that has been around for over 30 years. Starting a career in care can be daunting but with us it does not have to be. We provide a variety of different personalised services within people’s own homes, as each person that needs our support varies so much. Joining us is very much be like joining a family, we care for you as much as we do our clients.
Everyone we support live within their own homes, the place where they feel the happiest. The support differs according to their needs and circumstances. You will get to know each person you support very well, so that you become a familiar and welcome face to them, being a Care Assistant also includes becoming their companion. An example of some of the things you may do are:
- Firstly, you will get to know your clients, what they like doing and their needs.
- Travelling to a client’s home to prepare breakfast/lunch and companionship.
- Your next call may be to take someone for a doctors or hospital appointment.
- Spending time doing activities within their home and having a good chat about their day.
- Carrying out general housework around the home.
- Assisting with medication/reminders.
- Helping clients stay clean by assisting them to wash and get dressed.
A Message from Our Carer
Kerry – “I have been working at this company since late 2020, to say it’s brilliant is an understatement. The company care standards are exceptional. Management is incredibly supportive and there if you need a hand. There is no pressure when it comes to travelling either. It’s certainly not like going to work, but more visiting family. I’ve found a forever home here.”
It is a privilege to work within the Care Sector and be part of our fantastic team. If you are a generally friendly, kind person who has a genuine desire to make someone’s day easier and can be that person they can rely on we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.