Part-Time, Job Vacancy, Dementia Friend & Companion, York
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this job could be perfect for you. Caring for someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier.
- Car Drivers Essential.
- £10.40 per hour (Double time for bank holidays) plus travel allowance & mileage.
- Range of part-time hours available from 12 hours per week and up.
- Flexible hours will include alternate weekend calls, so every other weekend is free.
- Paid annual leave, pension scheme and benefits program.
- Excellent training and support.
Every single person they support is so different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties will be. However, a typical example of some of duties they perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Preparing breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with personal care when required.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits, or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
Join the Team
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you would be part of this special homecare provider who are rated “Outstanding” by the CQC and they aim to provide a standard of care that they would want for their own families. What makes them different from other care providers is that they are bespoke, and they focus on a companionship led care service. Building an excellent reputation within communities across the UK, this provide always looks to make a positive difference in people’s lives. The provider does a minimum of 1-hour visits so that quality time can be spent with clients and their team are never rushed.
We understand you will have some questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have.