We are looking for part time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Windsor area of Berkshire. No experience is needed. However, you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Locations & Criteria
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Windsor, Virginia Water, Egham, Staines, Chertsey, Addlestone, and surrounding areas of Surrey and Berkshire. At this time, we need you more than ever.
Benefits & Hours
- £10.00 - £12.50 per hour.
- Part-time hours available, up to 20-hours per week.
- If you have a few hours availability during the week and alternate weekend between 8am – 10 pm, then this position is ideal for you.
The owner is a lovely lady who was inspired to start the service following a cancer diagnosis that changed her life. The people she met in the care sector were amazing and inspired her to dedicate herself to helping others. You would be working for a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. An award-winning provider not only in the UK but in lots of other countries where they all follow the same vision – to change the face of aging and making a huge impact on people’s lives.
Your Job Role
As their Dementia Friend & Companion, you will visit older people in your local community in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine. The role will include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered/dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.