We are looking for full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Stevenage area of North Hertfordshire. No experience is necessary as full training is provided. It is essential that you are a car driver.
- £10.00 per hour plus mileage allowance.
- Double time on bank holidays.
- Travel time & wait time up to 29 mins paid at minimum wage £8.72.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays & Employee Assistance programme.
- Hours on 3 week rolling rota – shift pattern includes:
- Week 1 – Early morning shifts, 7am – 3pm, Monday – Friday.
- Week 2 – Varied hours throughout week, 7am -10pm, Saturday & Sunday, with a break.
- Week 3 – Evening shifts, 3pm – 10pm, Monday – Friday.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Stevenage, Royston, Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Knebworth and surrounding villages of North Hertfordshire.
Why work in care?
The answer, quite simply, is that helping people is a rewarding feeling like no other. You would be making a massive difference in your local community and at a time like this, you’re needed more than ever. If you have recently been made redundant, or you are just looking for a new role, if you are a positive personality with the ability to help someone, then this is for you. There are long-term prospects too, with opportunities to progress and build a rewarding career.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you would be joining a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. An award-winning provider, where they have one vision – to change the face of ageing and making a huge impact on people’s lives. They are rated “Outstanding” by CQC which is fantastic and shows their high standards and commitment to do the best for the older adults they support.
You will do a minimum of 1 hour visits and you will be carefully matched to older adults in your local area and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Helping with morning and evening routines.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or for some exercise.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone, they can rely on.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually happen within 24-72 hours of applying, and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have so the end employer can find out more about you.