Deputy Children’s Home Manager, Stoke-on-Trent
£26’638 - £28’755 per annum DOE
Full-time, working to a shift pattern (includes some split shifts) + on-call
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Children’s Home Manager for a brand-new service opening in the Stoke-on-Trent area of Staffordshire. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a service from the get-go!
Our client is a smaller provider of specialist care and education. With no more than three children in each home, this means they can really focus on the Children and being an outstanding provider. They are really proud that their homes are nurturing, extremely person centred and a fun and family orientated environment. The young people they support have very complex needs and high-risk behaviours and their job is to build their self-esteem and enable them to have a bright future ahead of them. You could play a key part in that and help create a positive future for a child.
Here is an example of some amazing feedback from the parent of a young person in their care;
“My child is very settled and has made a lot of progress. They have told me that they feel happier now than they have done before in their life and I think that speaks volumes about the care and support that they received.”
Responsibilities & Requirements
- To support the Manager to provide professional support, guidance and supervision of the staff team.
- To manage & lead the Home in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- Ability to supervise, manage and lead people to ensure a great team environment.
- Assisting with monitoring staff performance and providing supervision.
- You must have worked within Residential care of children and young people for at least the last two years.
- Worked for at least one year in a supervisory role and hold a minimum qualification of QCF level 3 in Children & Young People as well as being willing to work towards your Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare.
- A Full Drivers Licence is required for this role.
If you are looking to make a difference in a challenging yet rewarding job and you are interested in this opportunity to be a Deputy Manager, please click apply. Once you do apply, provided you meet all the above criteria, you will have the opportunity to discuss the role, confidentially, prior to taking your application further.