We are recruiting a Deputy Children’s Home Manager living close to the New Malden area of South West London. This job is commutable from New Malden (11 mins), Wimbledon (21 mins), West Barnes (12 mins), Kingston-upon Thames (9mins) Surbiton (5 mins), Raynes Park (13 mins) and surrounding areas.
This is an Ofsted outstanding, residential service for children with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours. They have a fantastic reputation, with a vision to deliver high quality, person centred care, achieving positive outcomes and achievement for the children and young adults they support.
- £28,000 per annum + £1500 Annual bonus (performance based);
- Full-time, 40 hours per week on a shift basis, to include some weekends.
- Flexible working hours weekdays and weekends;
- Partly funded (NVQ) qualifications;
- Benefit scheme including cinema & high street discounts, £300 saving per year on an Oyster card & more;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Fully funded DBS.
We are looking for an inspirational Deputy Manager who can inspire and motivate our team. This is a truly rewarding role where you can make a positive difference to a child’s life but not only that you can play an instrumental part in that child’s future and developing the staff team. You will also support the Registered Manager in the day to day management of the home.
What experience will you need?
- It is essential that you hold Level 3 in Children & Young Peoples Workforce or Residential Childcare or you have a degree in Social Work;
- You must have a minimum 1.5 years-experience in a Senior/Team Leader/Supervisory role;
- You will have experience working with children or young adults with autism and multiple learning disabilities, who may display challenging behaviour in a residential setting;
- A full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle is also desirable.
You may be a Senior Support Worker/Practitioner looking to progress, however, this is just the start of your career. You are our greatest asset, so a career with us will always include fantastic training and support and career development… you could be a Manager in the future!
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.