Deputy Children’s Home Manager, Crewe
£21,442 - £25,992 per annum + additional payments for sleepovers + benefits
Full-time – 2 days on including sleeps then 4 days off
Are you an ambitious individual looking for a Deputy Children’s Home Manager close to the Crewe area of Cheshire? Do you want to ensure that every child has only the best care and the best chance to succeed in life?
You will be joining a 4-bed home close to the Oswestry area and is commutable from Telford (45mins), Shrewsbury (37mins), Wrexham (25mins), Market Drayton (40mins), Crewe (54mins) and surrounding areas.
Who am I joining?
With two outstanding ratings from Ofsted, you will be joining a leading residential and educational organisation, dedicated to supporting children and young people who have led troubled lives. They have over 30 years-experience in the industry and they know what it takes to transform the lives of vulnerable young people. The home is a great place to work, where you will be joining a dedicated and passionate team, who love where they work and what they do!
As their Deputy Manager, you will be an excellent role model to your team and ensure the delivery of high-quality therapeutic care to young people. Your duties will include:
- Monitoring performance of staff, through supervisions and appraisals.
- Liaising with families and external agencies to represent the young person.
- Inspiring and leading staff to deliver quality outcomes.
- Ensuring a proactive, positive and friendly approach with fresh new ideas.
- Promoting equality, acknowledging young people’s differences and uphold their rights.
- Overseeing shift rota system to the benefit of the smooth running of the home.
What skills and experience are required?
- You will hold an NVQ Level 3 in Caring for Children & Young People/ Level 3 in Residential childcare/social work.
- Experience working with children/young people.
- An excellent working knowledge of the Quality Standards as regulated by OFSTED.
- A clear understanding of relevant legislations (Children’s Home Regulations 2015, Quality Standards 2015 and Towards a Stable Life, Brighter Future 2002).
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
You will have massive potential to progress within this organisation, with several homes across Cheshire, Wales and Shropshire. If you have the ambition, they will give you the opportunity!
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.