We are looking for a Deputy Children’s Home Manager, this job is within commutable distance from the Kendal (32mins), Kirkby Lonsdale (25mins), Skipton (41mins), Settle (17mins), Silsden (50mins), Steeton (49mins), via the A65. This is a full-time position Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm (Could be flexible for the right person). Due to the sensitivity of the Children they support, the location of the position will be discussed once you have applied.
You can help create brighter futures
You could be joining a special organisation who provide residential care for children and young people living with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). They ensure that all the children they support have the same opportunities as other children and they provide positive experiences and a creative curriculum so that every child can be the best they can be and achieve all their dreams.
"The staff here are proud of the service and highly motivated. The registered manager supports staff consistently and develops their knowledge and skills." - Ofsted.
What experience is required as a Deputy Children’s Home Manager?
- It is essential that you have worked with Children and it must be within a Residential Care Home Setting (Not Nursery or Early Years)
- Experience of working with Children with Learning Difficulties, and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
- It is essential that you have worked in a senior role, supervising a staff team, within Residential Care for at least 1 year
- It is essential that you have a strong knowledge of the Ofsted regulations and reporting process;
- You will hold a Level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce, Level 3 Residential Childcare or equivalent
- You must hold a valid UK Driving License, with access to a vehicle;
What will be my duties?
- Assisting the Manager with day to day duties, e.g. developing day plans and attending reviews - you will also be able to step in on the Manager's absence;
- Overseeing a dedicated staff team, holding supervisions and inductions and assisting in the training and development;
- You will be meticulous in surveying the safeguarding within the home and completing risk assessments.
This is an extremely rewarding job where you can make a difference and you will be joining a fantastic organization. If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly career advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you when progressing your career.