£23-26K per annum DOE
7 months ago
Are you an ambitious individual looking for a Deputy Children’s Home Manager role close to the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire? Do you lead by example and ensure any child you support has only the best care within a structured and friendly atmosphere? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Who am I joining?
A leading provider of therapeutic residential support for children and young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and Learning Disabilities. They offer structured and personalised support, including 1 to 1 support and group sessions, within a safe and homely atmosphere. The home is a great place to work, where you will be joining a dedicated and passionate team, who love where they work and what they do!
What are the pay rates, hours & benefits?
You will have a massive potential to progress within this organisation, they have several homes across Wales, Cheshire, and Shropshire. So, if you have ambition, they will give you the opportunity! You will also gain a salary of £22,601 - £25,492 per annum DOE plus a shift allowance of £5000 extra.
The shifts would be 2 days and nights on followed by 4 days and nights off on a rolling rota.
As a Deputy Children’s Home Manager, you will be an excellent role model to your team. Your duties will include:
- Monitoring performance of staff, through supervisions and appraisals.
- Liaising with families and external agencies to represent the young person.
- Inspiring and leading staff to deliver quality outcomes.
- Ensuring a proactive, positive and friendly approach with fresh new ideas.
- Promoting equality, acknowledging young people’s differences and uphold their rights.
- Overseeing shift rota system to the benefit of the smooth running of the home.
- Enabling young people to have access to home visits and appointments etc.
What experience do I need to be your Deputy Children’s Home Manager?
- It is essential that you hold an NVQ Level 3 in Caring for Children & Young People/ Level 3 in Residential Childcare/social work.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children/young people.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Quality Standards as regulated by OFSTED.
- A full driving license and access to your own vehicle.
If you have the skills we are looking for and you are passionate about the difference you can make, then we would love to hear from you. Don’t worry once you have applied you can speak to one of our friendly advisors, who have a good understanding of the provider we are recruiting for, can answer any questions you may have.