Are you an experienced, ambitious, professional, keen to succeed in a Deputy Children's Home Manager role, close to the Stoke-on-Trent area of Staffordshire? Do you lead by example and ensure any child you support has only the best care within a structured and friendly atmosphere? This job is commutable from Stoke, Market Drayton, Telford, Newport and surrounding areas, via the main transport links A53 and A41. *** You must have previous experience of working with Children in a Residential Setting.
Our client is a leading provider of therapeutic residential support for children and young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and Learning Disabilities. They offer structured and personalized support, including 1 to 1 support and group sessions, within a safe and homely atmosphere. The home is a fantastic workplace, where you will be joining a dedicated and passionate team, who adore where they work and what they do!
This job provides a massive potential to progress within this organization. The provider has several homes across Wales, Cheshire, and Shropshire, so if you have the ambition, you have the opportunity!
You will be an excellent role model for your team. Your duties will include:
- Monitoring performance of staff, through supervisions and appraisals.
- Representing the young person, by liaising with families and external agencies.
- You will inspire and lead staff to deliver the best possible outcomes.
- Ensuring a proactive, positive and friendly approach with fresh new ideas.
- Promoting equality, acknowledging young people’s differences and uphold their rights.
- Overseeing the shift rota system to the benefit of the smooth running of the home.
- Enabling young people to have access to home visits and appointments, etc
Salary & Hours of Work
- £27,308 - £31,002 per annum DOE which includes a shift allowance of £4000.
- You will be required to work on a mixed contract 5 x 48-hours (8 sleep-ins, 53.5 hours office time, totalling 245.5 hours per month).
What experience are we looking for?
- It is essential that you hold an NVQ Level 3 in Caring for Children & Young People/ Level 3 in Residential Childcare/social work.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with children/young people in a Residential Children's Home Setting and 1 years’ experience in a senior role.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Quality Standards as regulated by OFSTED.
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
If you have the skills we are looking for and you are passionate about the difference you can make, then we would love to hear from you. Once you have applied for this job, you can speak to one of our friendly and proactive advisors, who have a good understanding of the provider we are recruiting for and can answer any questions you may have.