We are looking for a talented and inspirational Deputy Children’s Home Manager living close to the Birmingham Area of West Midlands. Senior Support Workers or Team Leaders who are ready to take the next step in their career’s are also very welcome to apply.
This job is in a great area and commutable from lots of different areas around the West Midlands: -
- Birmingham City Centre – 9 Minutes away – 3 Miles Via A457
- Smethwick – 9 Minutes Away – 3.3 Miles Via A457
- Dudley – 10 Minutes Away – 3.3 Miles Via A457
- West Bromwich – 4 Mins Away – 1.3 Miles Via A457
- Halesowen – 13 Minutes Away – 6.5 Miles – Via M5
- Oldbury – 5 Minutes Away – 1.2 Miles via A457
As our Deputy Childrens Home Manager you would be joining one of the leading, independent, specialist residential home for providers for Children with emotional behavioural difficulties, challenging behaviour, autism or moderate learning disabilities.
With a good Ofsted Rating our client is an independent organization specializing in providing care and support for children and young people aged 10-18 who may have challenging behaviours, autism, or ADHD. They may also have suffered neglect, trauma, sexual exploitation, or abuse. This is a very rewarding job however it can be challenging, but with your time and support you will see these children grow from strength to strength, which is a feeling like no other. Your role as Senior will be to set the highest standards ensuring the highest standard of support is provided to the young people at all times.
The Children within the home are very settled with most of the Children being with the service for 2 years plus, the age range varies between the ages of 10 & 17 Years of age.
Hours, pay rates and benefits
- £23-27K per annum DOE
- Enrolment onto your Level 5 Qualification
- Full Time, not on shift but would need to work some weekends and evenings to provide managerial support.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
Experience & Qualifications
- You must hold and be able to present your Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce, or Residential Childcare or above.
- You will ideally have previous experience of working with children living with ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Autism or who have suffered trauma, abuse or neglect.
- You will have at least 1 years’ experience working within a Children’s Residential Environment. (Unfortunately, we cannot accept applicants that have worked in Early Years or Nurseries)
- You will also be a manual car driver.
How to Apply
If you are excited by this job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.
This role may also suit someone living close to the Dudley, Smethwick, Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, or Birmingham Area of West Midlands.