Deputy Manager (Learning Disabilities), Downham Market
£10.75 per hour
Full-time including shifts and alternate weekends
We are looking for a dedicated Deputy Manager living close to the Downham Market area of Norfolk. You would be joining a mixed residential service for adults living with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health conditions.
Change lives, make a difference
This provider has a strong person-centred approach and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, “Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected.”
As their Deputy Manager, you will be part of a residential care home for up to 12 residents. The home is very welcoming and boasts a homely and very fun feel to it with lots of activities for the residents to enjoy. The residents are all very active and enjoy going swimming, cycling, going to the beach and to the cinema. There is a fantastic vibe at the home and all the team are positive and upbeat. Your responsibilities will involve:
- Help ensure the delivery of high- quality care to the service users;
- Ensuring the staff team are equipped with necessary skills, training and supervision;
- Review care plans to ensure they are up to date with individual needs;
- Ensure the implementation of quality measurements and monitoring;
- Deputising for the Manager in their absence.
What skills & experience are required?
- You will have a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent;
- You will have experience of working in a senior position for at least 2 years or as a Deputy;
- Experience of working with people living with learning disabilities and mental health conditions.
There are fantastic opportunities to progress in this role. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing an individual overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.