We are advertising for a male Deputy Manager to join an organisation that is truly different and supports adults living with Learning Disabilities and Autism across the Bournemouth, Poole, and surrounding areas of Dorset.
Pay rate & hours – £11.25 per hour based on 42-hours per week (£24,570 per annum)
- You will have experience in working with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, or challenging behaviours.
- Experience of leading a team/supervisory skill are essential.
- You will be resilient, pro-active, and passionate about working in the social care sector and the people you support.
- Must be a car driver with access to your own vehicle.
If you are a Senior Support Worker or Team Leader and you are hungry to progress with an organisation that will value you and help you progress even further, then this is the role for you.
Our client is a unique provider like no other. Founded over 5-years ago by an inspirational gentleman who experienced a serious head injury but recovered to become a Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse and setup this company. They are a not for profit organisation supporting adults and young adults living with Learning Disabilities and Autism. Their care and support are centred around the individuals, empowering them to achieve goals and live independent lives despite any barriers. They want to be leaders in providing Positive Behaviour Support and challenge misconceptions about social care and be different to other providers.
As their Deputy Manager, you will work with the Service Manager to ensure high-quality support is provided in a person-centred way to each and every individual. You will be a role model to your team and your duties will include:
- Working 50% on rota providing direct support to individuals as well as coaching/mentoring to a team of Support Workers.
- Working a mixture of evenings, alternate weekends, sleep-ins and doing on-call.
- Working 50% off rota ensuring quality assurance and completing weekly audits.
- Completing supervisions, appraisals, and training.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation that is truly different, but proud to be different and pioneers in their field. This Deputy Manager role will allow to have input into a person’s life, making life changing improvements and empowering them to be exactly who they should be.
We advertise this job vacancy on behalf of the end employer. If you meet all the above criteria and you are excited about this role, then we would love to hear from you. Once you have applied, we will pre-screen your application and if you meet the criteria, pass your CV to the employer who will contact you to discuss this opportunity and answer any questions you may have. Good luck.
**This is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit Males only. **