Health & Social Care jobs are recruiting for a dedicated Deputy Service Manager living close to the Ashford area of Kent. You would be joining a residential service for adults living with Learning Disabilities in a quiet residential area.
This job vacancy is based about a 25-minute commute from Ashford via the A259 & A2070 and there are also good public transport links. The role may also be commutable from Hythe (7miles/20mins), Folkestone (11miles/30mins), and other nearby locations.
- £10.72 per hour.
- 36-hours per week – 2 days office working per week.
- 20-days holiday + bank holidays plus additional holiday purchase scheme.
- Paid DBS.
- Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards + further training & qualifications.
This provider has a strong person-centred approach, and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, “Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected.”
You will be part of a small residential home for 5 residents. The home is very welcoming and boasts a homely and very fun feel to it with lots of activities for the residents to enjoy. The home also has a lovely garden for residents to enjoy. There is a fantastic vibe at the home and all the team are positive and upbeat. Your responsibilities as Deputy Manager will involve:
- Help ensure the delivery of high- quality care to the residents.
- Being an encouraging role model and supervising the staff team.
- Ensuring the staff team are equipped with necessary skills & training.
- Review care plans and implementing to ensure they are up to date with individual needs.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Deputising for the Manager in their absence.
- Ideally hold Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent or be willing to work towards it.
- Experience of working in a senior support worker/supervisory/manager position.
- Experience of working with people living with learning disabilities, challenging behaviours, and mental health conditions is essential.
With excellent career progression pathways, you will work hard but you will be rewarded for your efforts. So, if you are a positive, innovative individual with excellent leadership skills, and you are excited by this job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this Deputy Service Manager role, or you want to know more/ask questions please click on apply attaching your CV and one of our team will contact you to discuss the vacancy with you and answer any questions you may have prior to progressing your application.