Don’t Retire! Retiring isn’t for everyone, so we would love to talk to you!
Your life skills are prefect for us, and you have so much to offer especially to someone in your local community. We have Part-Time hours available for people who are retired or looking to Semi Retire in the Wellingborough Area of Northamptonshire to become a Care Companion & Dementia Advocate.
- £9.50-£10.50 per hour, Mileage & Pension Scheme.
- Enhanced Bank Holiday Pay & Referral Scheme.
- Car Drivers are needed due to the nature of what we do.
- Evening Hours, 4pm-10pm & Weekend Hours Available.
- Award Winning Training
Who are We?
We are an organisation who have won countless awards for changing the way older people living in their own receive care & combat loneliness. Some need company after a spouse passes away, others need support when they develop early onset Dementia. We offer a very different approach to regular homecare providers. We are very proud that we support older adults in Wellingborough & the surrounding areas by offering companionship led care. So rather than quickly popping in to check on someone we spend at least an hour with someone, do activities together, go out and lots more!
Spend your days keeping someone company and doing things together, gaining a friend & impacting someone else’s life!
- Cooking supper together, whether it’s porridge or a nice soft-boiled egg.
- Helping someone with their evening routine.
- Helping someone get in & out of the shower.
- Making cakes, playing cards, board games or watching game shows on the TV.
- Helping with cooking meals and staying nourished and hydrated.
- Offering companionship, friendship and a trusted friend who cares.
- Assisting with medication reminders.
- Providing evening companionship & preparing them for bedtime.
Most of our team have had previous careers such as Nurses, Police Officers, Estate Agents, Hairdressers, Retail Assistants, Senior Managers. just to name a few. Many join us because they have reached the time of their life where career isn’t as important as fulfilment, and many choose to do this job to do something they have always wanted to do. That is to give back to the local community and offer support to someone who really needs it.
Talk To us
We cannot include everything we do or answer all your questions on a job advert, plus we love to talk! So please click on apply and I will give you a call & tell you all about this wonderful opportunity for you to avoid Retirement! After all, 40 is the new 30! 50 is the new 40! 60 is the new 50 and 70 is the new 60!