Full & Part-time, job vacancies, Evening & Weekend Care Companions, Epping, Essex - No experience required - Car Drivers are essential.
Where we need you
We are an awarding winning employer rated ‘outstanding’ by the CQC. We are looking for night owls and people with hours to spare at weekends to support older adults living within their homes in the Epping, Ongar, Loughton, Waltham Abbey, Harlow, and surrounding areas of Essex, so living in any of these areas is perfect.
- £10.65 per hour weekdays & £11.00 weekends & double pay on Bank Holidays.
- Paid 23p Mileage Allowance.
- Are you free any evenings or a couple of hours at weekends?
- Commitment to work the same days / hours each week based on your availability.
- You would be carefully matched to one/two older adults.
- A Minimum of an hour is spent with a client ensuring your time is never rushed.
- Full training, mentoring system & lots of support from a friendly team.
- Training in Dementia & End of Life Care.
You will be naturally caring and a fantastic companion, as you will be visiting older adults, living in our local community within their own home. You will provide much needed companionship and support. This would not only be helping to combat loneliness, but also helping someone with everyday tasks.
As we get older there are some things that we may give up doing, or struggle to do. Your job as a Care Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in our clients routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes. The help you provide varies but may include: (Examples)
- Helping with evening routine, including preparing meals together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Assisting with personal care where required.
- Ensuring their welfare at night.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
To apply for this position, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! You want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter. If this is you, then we would love to hear from you.