We have a fantastic job vacancy for an experienced Care Assistant looking to join an exceptional, award winning, care team in the Dewsbury & Wakefield areas as their Care Supervisor. A Car Driver is Essential.
- £9.60 per hour, Plus on Call Payment of £1300 per year.
- £9.90 per hour weekend rate.
- 35 Hours per week contracted hours + Overtime available if required.
- Paid Mileage and Paid Travel Time.
- Shared on call.
- Blue Light Card & £50 reward bonus after successful completion of probation.
- Reward and Recognition programme for staff to celebrate success.
- Thank you, gifts, at Christmas, Easter, & staff Birthdays* (*details to be confirmed).
- Free MOT and contribution towards car servicing.
Welcome to our Team.
You would be joining an award-winning national brand with family values running throughout the service. The service was opened by a husband-and-wife team over 2 years ago who were inspired by the family values ethos. They wanted to establish a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence and dignity for their clients, achieving an Outstanding rating for caring on their first inspection.
“Not only are the people they support seen as part of their family, so are their team.”
Are you a natural leader?
We are looking for a Senior Care Assistant/ Supervisor who really is passionate about delivering high quality care and can lead a team to do the same. Working as part of a small professional team delivering a high-quality domiciliary care service, as our Care Supervisor you will take responsibility for the day-to-day management of operations in the field. The role is varied and rewarding and would suit someone who wishes to develop their career into the area of care management and administration.
- Spot checks, staff supervision’s/appraisals and supporting the team in their development.
- Client visits, care planning, assessments and carrying out reviews.
- Moving & Handling Assessments, Risk Assessments & Health & Safety.
- Supervising and instructing your team in all aspects of their work
- Delivering hands on care during staff absence.
- Support, train, and mentor new Home Care Assistants
- Always promote the company’s core values and ethos.
- Use company planning software, databases, and spreadsheets to update and log all communications, changes and tasks completed. Ensure these are kept up to date and are reviewed and refreshed regularly.
- Participate in the on call rota to provide support to carers and clients at times when the office is closed.
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a social care or home care agency, have strong I.T and organisational skills and most importantly, value driven and passionate about delivering exceptional person-centered care to our clients. If this sounds like the role for you, please send us your CV. and we will be in touch soon.