Full-time, Facilitator (Disability Service), job vacancy, close to Alton, Hampshire – car driver preferred.
Thank you for viewing our job vacancy. We are looking for a Full Time, Permanent, Facilitator to work with disabled adults. This job is based in the Bordon area of East Hampshire but is an easy 16-minute commute from Alton, Hampshire, via the B3004.
We are a registered Charity founded over 30-years ago, we value every individual’s uniqueness, and we aim to help every person achieve their goal and potential no matter what the barrier. Our founder started the service when her own daughter left school and wanting to create a space where she could develop life skills and independent living. We have a village shop, Post Office, Café and deliver a variety of activities with the involvement of the adults we support. Our Supported Volunteering programme gives work experience to disabled adults to build self-confidence, and very much follows our belief that every person has a valued contribution to make.
As our Facilitator, you will work within our Volunteering and Chainreaction programmes. Our Chainreaction programme provides the adults we support with an opportunity to explore their own personal development. We provide therapeutic group support, one-to-one mentoring, and peer support to promote independent living skills. The role will include:
- Undertaking duties that contribute to the day to day running of our service.
- Working in line with our person-centred approach and engage in training & activities.
- Promoting life skills, health & well-being.
- Ensuring the care needs of participants are met including personal care.
- Planning & overseeing the day and providing direction, guidance & supervision to the team.
- Facilitating morning group sessions and support junior staff with their roles.
- Keeping appropriate records, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- £18,327 per annum / £10.07 per hour
- 35-hours per week, Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Flexibility to deliver occasional activities during evenings & weekends.
- Level 3 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent, or be willing to complete it.
- Experience working with disabled adults essential.
- Excellent supervisory/Team Leader skills.
- Therapeutic Group Work training requiring travelling to London 1 afternoon/evening per week for an academic year.
If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for, and you are passionate about working within the social care sector, then we would love to speak to you, so please click apply. Do not worry if you have any questions, once you apply, we will call you to answer any questions and tell you much more about our fantastic service.