Would you like to make a difference? Join us as a Home Care Assistant and do so every day by helping local Older Adults keep their independence. Are you a car driver looking for part time hours in the Wimborne, Ringwood & Blandford Forum areas of East Dorset?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, providing care and support to private clients within their own homes. We match people by their passions and interests, so you can build a relationship of trust and respect. Like the people we help, no two days will ever be the same, so we can’t tell you everything you’ll be doing, but it could include things like:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines.
- Prompting them to take their medication.
- Helping them with washing and dressing.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups.
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments.
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company.
Being a Home Care Assistant isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, anywhere from 16 to 30 hours per week. If you are available for shift work mornings, afternoons, evenings and every other weekend then this position is perfect for you.
Hours available with immediate start due to client care packages waiting.
What are the benefits?
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job.
- Excellent hourly rate of £9.50 – £14.24 (bank holiday rate).
- Competitive mileage allowance.
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
What skills do you need to be a Home Care Assistant?
- Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart.
- You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit!
- You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with.
- You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing or brushing their hair.
- You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, and that’s fine. Once you apply we will give you a call and answer any you may have and tell you a lot more! So, click apply today and start your journey toward working with people who care.