Home Care Assistant & Companion, Somerton
£8.50 - £18.00 per hour + 35p mileage allowance
Part time hours available
We are looking for compassionate individuals living close to the Somerton are of Somerset to become a Care Assistant & Companion. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic homecare provider who support older people in their homes and help them remain independent and living life to the full.
No experience necessary as excellent training is provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle. They support clients throughout Somerset, including Somerton, Street, Compton Dundon, Langport, Glastonbury and the surrounding areas.
Putting people at the heart of care
You would be joining a family run company founded by a nurse who believed that people should remain in their home and feel safe and supported, as well as to continue to do all the things they love. They treat each person with dignity and respect. All their team are trained to the highest standards and they have created a friendly, welcoming environment for everyone to flourish.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
You will support a variety of clients in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assist with personal care.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone, they can rely on.
Hours & Benefits
- 22.5-30 hours and bank hours available;
- Shifts will include early mornings, evenings and alternate weekends;
- £1.50 per hour extra for early morning (07:00 to 09:00) & late evening work (18:00 – 22:00);
- £1.50 per hour extra for Saturdays;
- £1.75 per hour extra for Sundays;
- Double time on bank holidays;
- Support towards further qualifications, so who knows where this opportunity may take you.
This is a great job opportunity for kind, empathetic people to become a Care Assistant & Companion and join a growing company with wonderful values. They make a difference every day to the lives of the people they support, and you could be part of that. If you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.