Home Carer, Befriender & Companion, Reading
From £10.00 per hour plus 25p mileage allowance
10-30 hours per week avaialbe
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like Grace*? Have you ever considered a role in the care sector? Why not take this opportunity to gain experience whilst making a difference?
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Home carer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you. We have part-time jobs available across the whole of Reading. It is desirable that you have a full driving licence and access to a car.
Grace* is 87 years old and a retired lecturer at Reading University and has always been independent whilst living in her own home. Last year Grace started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She would struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might repeat a lot of things she has already said, and she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on her books like she used to. Daily routines have become harder for Grace* and so has getting out and about doing the things she enjoys. That is where you come in. You may help her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routine, or even with elements of personal care. You might take her to her local singing group, music really helps her remember special memories from her past, or you might help her with her shopping or making a healthy meal. You would be helping her continue to be herself and do the things she loves and remain in her own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
Benefits & Hours
- Double time bank holidays;
- Generally, a minimum call duration of 1 hour so you have time to do things safely;
- A range of shift patterns to fit around your lifestyle but you would need some availability for some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on alternate weekends;
- Time to travel safely between your calls;
- Regular schedules with the same clients at the same time times on the same days.
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day to the people we meet.
Come and join us
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Within our organisation, if you shine, opportunities are created. We have ambitious plans for the future, and you could be part of that!
*Grace is just an example of someone you will support