We are looking for Home Helpers & Care Companions to join our team in various locations throughout North Hertfordshire. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Due to the nature of our work we have seniors living in the local community looking for Home Helpers & Care Companions in the Stevenage, Royston, Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Knebworth and surrounding villages of North Hertfordshire. If you do live in any of these local areas, we do have job vacancies for the right people.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.50- £20.00 per hour plus mileage allowance, plus pension scheme, paid holidays and employee Assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
Becoming a Home Helper & Care Companion is such a rewarding role and a very important Keyworker role within our community, if you have always wanted to do a job that is rewarding, now is a great time to be joining us and making a difference.
Your Job Role
You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra help and support to remain in their own home. This will include helping someone to: -
- Get in or out of bed.
- Have a bath, shower, wash, dress and undress along with other elements of personal care.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Remind them to take their medication.
- Help with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing or a spot of gardening
- Help with grocery shopping.
- Be a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
This provider aims to deliver the very best standards of care to enable their clients to take control of their lives and they fully respects their unique preferences. You could be joining a CQC “Outstanding” service who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happy and easier.
How do you apply?
you have any questions about this Home Helper & Care Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.