We are looking for a Housekeeper for a private residence in a village to the North of York, North Yorkshire. We are looking for someone with high standards and a bubbly personality to work for a lovely family and maintain a homely environment.
- £10.00 per hour
- Part-time hours, 20 hours per week.
- Monday to Friday 9.30am to 1.30pm.
- 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (plus the 3 working days off between Christmas & New Year).
The Employer/job role
As their Housekeeper, you will be working in a private residence for a family. The main purpose of your role will be to keep the home clean and tidy so the family can enjoy some downtime together from their busy lives. The duties will vary but will include:
- Organising & managing the washing and ironing.
- Keeping the bathrooms clean and tidy.
- Vacuuming and dusting all rooms, stairs, and landings.
- Cleaning kitchen and emptying bins/recycling.
- Making beds and keeping rooms tidy.
- Cleaning windows & doors.
- Feeding pets when required.
- It is preferable that you will have some previous experience in a Housekeeper/Cleaner role.
- You will have high standards for cleanliness & be house proud and run a smooth household.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good time management skills and the ability to create systems to get things done.
- Knowledge about products/fabrics/surfaces etc.
- Above all, you will be honest, trustworthy and have a positive personality. You will also be happy to be around children, cats & dogs.
To apply/ask a question
If you have any questions about this Housekeeper job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we will carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.