We are looking for Housing Support Worker & Advocate to work across the Barrhead & Busby areas of East Renfrewshire. Support Workers who want to feel valued and part of an organization with incredible values.
Would you love a career where you support someone to become or remain independent in their own home? It is wonderful to know there are people like you who choose Adult Social Care as a career, changing the direction of people’s lives everyday and doing the smallest things that makes the biggest difference, is very rewarding indeed.
This is a unique company, owned by each of its staff team, this means everyone who works for the organization has a vested interest in its success and you have a say! As an organization they provide support for a broad range of people in a supported housing capacity. This can range from individuals who needs care or support at home, those who have mental health, Learning Disabilities, Addictions or have being made homeless, & require emergency housing.
- £9.50 per hour.
- Car Driver essential as you will be community working.
- Full & Part Time Hours Available.
- No Experience is needed as you will receive full training & Comprehensive induction.
- Shift patterns vary between 8am and 9pm.
- No Sleepovers or Night Shifts.
- Support to achieve SVQ 2 or 3 Health & Social Care
Housing Support Worker
As a Housing Support worker your role will vary according to your clients needs. Everyone that you support is unique and will have their own support plans in place. The role may include elements of:
- Personal Care – to varying degrees.
- Assisting with clinical & health needs
- Provide tenancy support, including keeping up with housework and finances.
- Assisting with medication reminders.
- Provide Physical, emotional wellbeing, attending appointments.
- Preparing meals and supporting with general life skills.
- Getting involved in social activities, hobbies, and days out.
Please note we take our responsibility as an employer very seriously and all our team, and the people we support all have regular Covid testing, meaning it is a very safe environment to work in.
We would love you to apply, when you do, we will have a chat and discuss the role in more detail. After all I am sure you have lots of questions.
Health & Social Care Jobs are the UK’s leading Permanent Recruitment Agency for the Health & Social Care Sector, covering Social Housing, Adult Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Older People’s Care and Domiciliary Homecare. We are Registered Manager owned and led and we are very passionate about the care sector. In fact, we love what we do!