Don’t Retire! Retiring isn’t for everyone, so we would love to talk to you!
Your life skills are prefect for us, and you have so much to offer especially to someone in your local community. We have Part-Time hours available for people who are retired or looking to Semi Retire in Kendal & the surrounding areas to become a Care Companion & Dementia Advocate.
- £10.50 - £13.50 per hour, Paid Waiting and Travel Time.
- 25p - 45p per mile mileage.
- Award Winning Training.
- Bespoke City and Guilds certificated training in Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours.
- Early Morning, Lunchtime, evening, or weekend availability.
- Alternate Weekend working.
- Carefully matched with clients, minimum of one-hour visits.
- Regular staff meet ups and events including coffee mornings and quarterly staff meetings.
- Supportive work environment that centres on your wellbeing.
- 24-hour access to our Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing.
- Be part of our family including 224 franchise offices in the UK and over 1000 worldwide!
- Company pension and benefit scheme.
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation.
We are an organisation who have won countless awards for changing the way older people living in their own receive care & combat loneliness. Some need company after a spouse passes away, others need support when they develop early onset Dementia. We offer a very different approach to regular homecare providers. We are very proud that we support older adults in Kendal & the surrounding areas by offering companionship led care. So rather than quickly popping in to check on someone we spend at least an hour with someone, do activities together, go out and lots more! We are rated as a 5 Star Employer, ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission, 9.9/10 on the homecare website and voted in the top 20 of home care providers in the North West.
Spend your days keeping someone company and doing things together, gaining a friend & impacting someone else’s life!
- Cooking breakfast, whether it’s porridge or a nice soft-boiled egg.
- Helping someone with their morning routine.
- Helping someone get in & out of the shower.
- Taking someone out for the day.
- Making cakes, playing cards, board games or watching game shows on the TV.
- Helping with cooking meals and staying nourished and hydrated.
- Offering companionship, friendship and a trusted friend who cares.
- Assisting with medication reminders.
- Providing evening companionship & preparing them for bedtime.
Most of our team have had previous careers such as Nurses, Police Officers, Estate Agents, Hairdressers, Retail Assistants, Senior Managers. just to name a few. Many join us because they have reached the time of their life where career isn’t as important as fulfilment, and many choose to do this job to do something they have always wanted to do. That is to give back to the local community and offer support to someone who really needs it.
Talk To us
We cannot include everything we do or answer all your questions on a job advert, plus we love to talk! So please click on apply and I will give you a call & tell you all about this wonderful opportunity for you to avoid Retirement! After all, 40 is the new 30! 50 is the new 40! 60 is the new 50 and 70 is the new 60!
If you don’t have a CV, please email us instead with your contact details and a little information about yourself & we will be in touch.