We are looking for Key Workers & Companions for the Beeston Area of Nottinghamshire. Have you been furloughed and you’re looking for a new career? A job that you can make a positive difference to the life of an older person living in your local community. If so, then becoming one of our Key Worker & Companions could be perfect for you. Being a car driver are essential for this job.
Does this sound like the role for you?
“I have been part of this company for over 2-years now. I retired from our local NHS Hospital as a surgeon but needed something to do to fill my time, but also something where I could still make a difference in a persons’ life. Then I found this role. The main part of my role is helping older adults continue living in their homes surrounded by all their treasured memories is the most amazing thing I have done.
No two days are ever the same and I never have the Monday blues. I support an older gentleman called Jack who is wonderful. I help him get up in the morning, get dressed and make him some breakfast. I will then go back at lunch time to prepare him something to eat, do a spot of cleaning and have a chat, he has a lot of stories about his life that make me smile and laugh. The company do a minimum of 1-hour visits so I’m never rushed and can spend quality time with my clients. I also support an older lady called Ada, she loves a trip out to the garden centre, and I struggle to keep up with her. I don’t see this as a job, it’s a privilege, I only wish I had done it sooner.”
Be part of something special
We are an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. We have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. We are different to any other care organisation in the area, providing care visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.00 - £10.00 per hour, double rate on bank holidays, mileage allowance plus paid travel time, pension scheme, paid holidays, and Employee Assistance Programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- They do have an urgent need for people to do early mornings starting from 8:15am and people for evening visits (17:00 – 21:45) in the NG8, NG9 and NG10 areas.
- We actively promote from within, so there are fantastic opportunities for ongoing progression for the right person
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job, along with building lasting relationships.
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about the Key Worker & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.