We are looking for compassionate Live-In Carers throughout the Swindon area of Wiltshire to join an award-winning homecare provider and become part of their team.
Some areas this employer covers include Wootton Bassett, Cricklade, Wroughton, Shrivenham, Faringdon, Wantage and surrounding areas of Wiltshire.
Becoming a Live-In Carer is such a rewarding job within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
When the Director moved to the area in 2002, he noticed a real shortage of high-quality person-centred care for older people locally. This ignited his passion to deliver a homecare service which could improve the quality of life and increase independence to an older person living in their own home, in turn also giving peace of mind to their families. This organisation has gone from strength to strength and have been awarded “Outstanding” by the CQC, winning multiple awards, and building an excellent reputation.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £115 daily, plus pension scheme, paid holidays, and Employee Assistance programme.
- Shifts – varied based on client need, for example 4 days on/4 days off or 2 weeks on/2 weeks off.
- Early Pay Scheme - option to draw out some of your pay early.
- Assignment based contracts – each assignment will provide you a comfortable bedroom with reasonable amenities including WIFI and a TV.
What experience and skills are required?
- One year’s minimum experience in a care setting or similar role
- Above all, you will have an empathetic nature and a real passion to make a difference in the life of an older person.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happier and easier.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply for this Live-In Carer job, or if you have any questions, then please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.