We are looking for a compassionate Live-In Carer in the Henley on Thames area of Oxfordshire to join an award-winning homecare provider to become part of their team and support two of their existing clients in their own home in the Wallingford area.
Some areas this employer covers include Henley-on-Thames, Maidenhead, Twyford, Wallingford, and surrounding areas of Berkshire & South Oxfordshire.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £100 per day plus pension, scheme paid holidays, and Employee Assistance programme
- Shifts – varied based on client need, for example 4 weeks on/4 weeks off or 2 weeks on/2 weeks off.
- Assignment based contracts – each assignment will provide you a comfortable bedroom with reasonable amenities.
- The areas we cover have some lovely countryside, beautiful market towns and villages, close to the river Thames yet still easily accessible to London.
Becoming a Live-In Carer is such a rewarding job within your community. You will support their clients in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties; no two days will be the same. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
With a 9.9 average rating on homecare.co.uk and a Good rating with the CQC, to this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! The Directors want to ensure the service makes a difference in their local community by providing a bespoke companionship led care service. To them it is important to treat each client as if they were family and keep them independent in their own homes for as long as possible.
What experience and skills are required?
- Minimum of 1 – 2-years’ experience in a care setting or similar role
- Above all, you will have an empathetic nature and a real passion to make a difference in the life of an older person.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happier and easier.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply for this Live-In Carer job, or if you have any questions, then please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.