We are looking for compassionate Live-In Carers throughout the Swindon area of Wiltshire to join an award-winning homecare provider and become part of their team.
Salary - £115 daily
Flexible, working-pattern, shifts – varied based on client need.
What experience and skills are required?
- One year’s minimum experience in a care setting or similar role
- Above all, you will have an empathetic nature and a real passion to make a difference in the life of an older person.
- This provider also covers the Oxford area, so willingness to travel would be a bonus.
Becoming a Live-In Carer is such a rewarding job within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
When the Director moved to the area in 2002, he noticed a real shortage of high-quality person-centred care for older people locally. This ignited his passion to deliver a homecare service which could improve the quality of life and increase independence to an older person living in their own home, in turn also giving peace of mind to their families. This organisation has gone from strength to strength and have been awarded “Outstanding” by the CQC, winning multiple awards, and building an excellent reputation.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £115 daily plus pension scheme, paid holidays, and Employee Assistance programme.
- Early Pay Scheme - option to draw out some of your pay early.
- Assignment based contracts – each assignment will provide you a comfortable bedroom with reasonable amenities including WIFI and a TV.
- Full induction training programme based at the Swindon office, and ongoing support throughout your journey with the employer
Being a Live-in Carer would be making a difference to someone’s everyday life and is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happier and easier.
Location – why Swindon?
You may be wondering if Wiltshire is a good place to live? Absolutely, there are lots of places to visit and idyllic areas to explore. The Cotswolds is only 20-miles away and London is only a 1-hour train journey away via the Great Western Railway line. There are lots of nice pubs and restaurants to visit in Swindon old town and if you enjoy getting out for some fresh air, then West Wiltshire Downs is a perfect spot to visit.
If you would like to apply for this Live-In Carer job, or if you have any questions, then please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.