Full & Part-Time, Job Vacancy, Local Community Carer, South Brent.
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this job could be perfect for you. Caring and supporting someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have made their day that bit happier or easier. If this is you, then why not make 2021 a new year, new career! We cannot wait to hear from you.
- Car Drivers Essential due to the nature of the role.
- £10.00 per hour weekdays, £11.00 per hour weekends.
- Double time on bank holidays.
- Paid mileage & travel time.
- Full & Part Time Hours available which will include early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings & alternate weekends.
- Holiday pay & pension scheme.
- Minimum of 1-hour visits and regular clients you will visit.
Every single person we support is so different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties will be, you will be matched with the people you support based upon your personality, sense of humour, location, experience and availability.
A typical example of some of the duties you may perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Preparing breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with personal care when required.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits, or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
We do support Younger Adults aswell as Older people, they may have more life limiting illnesses or Complex Care conditions that require a greater level of Medication support or Personal Care needs whilst maintaining and promoting their independence.
Join the Team
As a Local Community Carer, you could be joining an awarding winning care company who feel this is a privilege to support our older generation remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible. We provide a bespoke person centred care service that really does benefit the people being supported. Every visit is a minimum of 1-hour too, so nothing is rushed, and you will work with the same people on an ongoing basis. The care provided varies according to the person’s needs, however one thing we are passionate about is the quality of the service and that is down to their amazing Care Professionals.
They support people across the Ivybridge, Plymstock, Modbury, Kingsbridge and South Brent areas of Devon.
We understand you will have some questions about this Local Community Carer, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have.