Are you looking to start a career in Social Care? We are looking to recruit a Male Support Worker, living close to the Bromley / Beckenham area of Greater London. Car Driver Essential.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker does not Care for someone but Supports them and encourages them to be as independent as possible. For example:
· Accompanying an individual to activities or appointments.
· Supporting with daily living skills such as cooking and cleaning
· Encouraging our individuals to reach their full potential
· Some personal care may be involved which could include assisting with personal hygiene, washing toileting or bathing.
You would be working with Adults who have either a Learning Disability, Autism, Mental Health or Challenging Behaviour living in their own home / Supported living service. The people you support may vary from fairly independent to wheelchair users. You will have a positive personality and a strong desire to make a difference in a person’s life. You will be empowering people to make choices and live life to the full, this is a feeling like no other.
Who would I be working for?
Our client is a not for profit charity built on wonderful values and is continually growing. Established for 20 years, they have a fantastic track record and have grown organically throughout the years, maintaining quality and gaining outstanding CQC ratings. With a wide range of services, including supported living, respite, outreach and residential services, they support children and adults with learning disabilities, autism, ABI and challenging behaviours. They have a fantastic culture across all their services and promote continuous improvement, heavily investing in training and developing new state of the art facilities.
- £18,373 per annum + benefits.
- Full-time hours or Part-Time Hours
- Shifts are on a Rota Basis planned in advance.
- Shifts will include a mixture of Early, Late, Nights across a 7 day rota.
- Applicants do need to be drivers and be willing to drive the company vehicle.
There are excellent career progression opportunities many of the staff team have been with the company for a number of years, progressing to Managerial level!
How do I apply?
If you are looking to start a career in Adult Social Care and you are interested in applying for this Support worker job, please click on apply. When you do apply please ensure your CV is in a Word or PDF format and that you have included your full address and postcode. If you do not have a CV please send an email to the consultant on this page who would be happy to help.