We are looking for a Mental Health Support Worker living close to the Stevenage area of Hertfordshire, who can support people with complex mental health needs within a secure environment.
This service is rated Good with CQC who regulate care services and caters for males and females who have a mental health condition. You will form part of a fantastic, responsive team who deliver therapeutic care and treatment to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Personality Disorders. Your aim will be to make the most of each day, encouraging and supporting with daily life skills, engaging in therapeutic activities and working on a more stable independent life. This will involve helping with personal care, escorting out in the community and engaging in social activities. It may also involve dealing with some challenging behaviour.
What experience do I need?
Some experience within Mental health or supporting someone with challenging behaviour is desirable, this can be through work or personal experience.
NVQ Level 1 or 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential.
However, you must have a genuine desire to make a difference in a person’s life.
Pay rates, benefits and hours
- £7.99 - £16.73 per hour DOE + enhancements
- Full-time, 38.5 hours per week
- 12hr shifts on a rota basis including days, nights and weekends
- Days 08:00-20:00 and nights 20:00-08:00
- The shift pattern would usually be 3 shifts one week, 4 shifts the next.
- Full training given so you feel supported and confident.
- DBS check paid for.
- Employee Perks like a discount scheme so you can save on the high street;
- Regular Support & Development so that you can flourish.
If you are looking to develop a career in Mental Health, and this position excites you, we would love to hear from you. Becoming a Support Worker could be just the start of your career! Who knows maybe you could be a Manager of the Future! Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.