Morning Support Worker (School Run), Sevenoaks
£16.00 per hour
3.5 hours a day, from 6:45am, 5 mornings a week (term time only)
We are looking for a Morning Support Worker close to the Sevenoaks area of Kent to support our client, a young, male paediatric client living in the Westerham area. We are looking for someone to assist our client with the high level of care and support he requires in the mornings, as well as helping him get ready for the day and take him to school.
We are seeking a patient, caring and supportive individual with the enthusiasm and passion to support a fantastic young boy in his own home. Maybe you are semi-retired with hours to spare in the morning and experience working with children with disabilities? This job could be perfect if you want part time hours and you want the school holidays off.
This is a truly rewarding job, you will be making a positive impact in this boy’s life and to also work for an organisation with a genuine desire to make a difference in their client’s lives. We understand the value of a positive working rapport with both our clients and their families, so we always adopt a supportive team approach to care.
As his Morning Support Worker, your responsibilities will involve:
- Support our client manage his personal hygiene including to help him shower and manage his dental hygiene;
- Encourage our client to eat a good breakfast;
- Helping our client and his supportive family get organised for the day;
- Encourage our client’s independence whilst understanding his limitations;
- Taking our client to school in his own vehicle;
- Completing care notes and other documentation.
What experience and skills are required?
- Previous experience in a similar role or working with children with disabilities is essential;
- Full driving licence with one year’s driving experience is also essential;
- It is desirable, but not essential, that you hold a NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent;
- It would also be beneficial to be a dog lover as our client has a dog;
- Successful DBS Disclosure and referencing required.
If you are excited by this Morning Support Worker & School Run job and would like to know more, please click apply and we will give you a call!