Morning Support Worker, Ashford
£11.00 per hour
Monday – Friday, 7am – 8am, term time only, with a second hour completed off site at a time of your suiting
We are looking for a Morning Support Worker close to the Ashford area of Kent to support a young male, paediatric client living with a brain injury.
We are seeking a patient, caring and supportive individual with the enthusiasm and passion to support a fantastic young boy in his own home. If you have experience of working with children with disabilities/brain injuries in either a personal or professional capacity, this role could be perfect if you want part time hours and you want the school holidays off.
This is a truly rewarding role where you can make a positive impact in a young person’s life and to also work for an organisation with a genuine desire to make a difference in their clients’ lives. We understand the value of a positive working rapport with both our clients and their families, so we always adopt a supportive team approach to care.
As his Morning Support Worker, you will assist our client with the help he requires in the mornings, as well as helping him get ready for the day. Your duties will include:
- Supporting our client to get himself organised in the morning, including getting washed and dressed for school and packing his bag;
- Encouraging our client to eat a good breakfast;
- Encouraging our client to initiate tasks;
- Making sure he is ready for his school transport arriving (in exceptional circumstances you may need to take him to school if his transport does not arrive);
- Off-site you will need to complete detailed daily record notes and prepare for the following day.
What experience and skills are required?
- Previous experience of working in a care/support role is preferred but not essential as training will be provided;
- Experience/knowledge of brain injury would also be a benefit;
- It is essential that you have a full, clean driving licence;
- Successful DBS Disclosure and referencing required.
Above all, you will be a kind, empathetic person who can work well on their own initiative and has a passion for making a difference in a young person’s life.
So, if you are excited by this fantastic job opportunity and you have the qualities we are looking for, then please click “apply.”
Please note that this role is for an initial 6-month period.